Set up in the early 1990’s by a group of community activists committed to the arts, the Glens has a reputation for supporting local artists, writers, musicians and other creative people in the region, as well as for putting on a fabulous range of plays, concerts, shows, readings and other events. Our auditorium was in the past the local Methodist church and it is acclaimed for its acoustics. We record albums and make our facilities available to a wide range of groups and individuals.
Supported by the Arts Council, Leitrim County Council and Pobal, the Glens Centre also raises funds for its work from a range of other sources. Fundraising will be an increasingly important activity as we endeavour to meet the challenges of high ambitions for excellence in what we offer and what we do, while public funding is still constrained. We plan to undertake several major projects in the coming two to three years. The Administrator, under the direction of the Artistic Director, will play a central role in enabling us to deliver on our plans. S/he will be assisted by the Receptionist.
We are looking for a highly skilled and well organised person who shares our passion for the arts and culture to join our small, dedicated core of staff.
The Administrator will:
- manage the day to day finances of the Glens Centre
- ensure that the Glens Centre complies with all relevant legislation and the requirements of our funders and suppliers
- prepare and monitor budgets and financial reports including preparing for annual audits and preparing reports for the Board
- establish and maintain sound and appropriate procedures for all financial transactions
- prepare contracts for artists and performers and ensure that they are paid promptly
- pay creditors, issue invoices, keep clear and accessible records of all financial transactions
- deal with revenue returns
- attend to payroll for all staff and ensure that worksheets are filled out and filed
- take responsibility for organising and maintaining our filing systems and databases
- monitor and ensure we are in compliance with our policies in relation to Garda Vetting, Child Protection, Health and Safety, Charities Regulation etc.
- assist the Director and the Media and Marketing Assistant in keeping our website and social media platforms exciting, up to date, and accurate.
- oversee use of the Ticketsolve system
- organise meetings and assist with organising performances and events as required
- ensure that all office equipment is kept in working order and call in expert assistance when required
- delegate work to the Receptionist as appropriate
- undertake any other duties that may reasonably be assigned by the Artistic Director Requirements
- a third level qualification and/or significant work experience in a senior administrative role would be an advantage
- a keen interest in and good awareness of contemporary arts and culture especially in the North West
- excellent communication skills, oral and written
- excellent IT and computer skills. Ability to use Apple Mac and Word Press desirable
- enthusiastic about using social media
- flexibility – the Administrator will normally work in the Glens Centre during normal office hours spread over 3 to 5 days (negotiable). S/he must be willing to work evenings and at weekends on occasion as required
- ability to interact with the public in a friendly and helpful fashion
- willingness to multi-task and step in to help other staff when needed
- own means of transport
This position is supported by the Department of Social Protection under the Community Services Programme. Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates – they are particularly welcome from people in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection. Please indicate if this is the case.
Salary: €18,000 pa for a 24 hour week.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a letter of application by email to the Director, Susan McKay, on email@example.com. Please provide the names and phone numbers/email addresses of 2 people willing to provide references. Applications must be received by 12 noon on Wednesday 9 November 2016. No late applications will be accepted.
Interviews will be held on Monday 21 November 2016.