The Glens Centre seeks an Administrator
The Glens Centre is one of Ireland’s premier, provincial arts centres, serving North Leitrim and its surrounds. Situated in Manorhamilton it has recently appointed a new Artistic Director and is now seeking an experienced and skilled Administrator. Since its founding in the early 1990’s The Glens has garnered a national reputation for its high quality programming and its resourcing of the large arts practice community in the area. Our 130 seat auditorium is a listed building, being an old Methodist church converted to a theatre space, acclaimed for its outstanding acoustics, wherein we also offer top quality recording facilities. The Glens is supported by the Arts Council, Leitrim County Council and Pobal. We open Tuesday to Friday and at specified event times. It is a relatively small, but dynamic centre and is an exciting
environment to work in. Leitrim has the largest number of artist(e)s per capita in the country, according to the last census. The Administrator, under the supervision of the Artistic Director, plays a central role in our operations. enabling us to deliver our objectives. We are looking for a highly skilled and well organised person who shares our passion for the arts and culture to join our small, dedicated core of 5 staff.
The Administrator will:
• manage the day to day finances of the Glens Centre
• ensure that the Glens Centre complies with all relevant legislation and the requirements of our funders and suppliers
• prepare and monitor budgets and financial reports including preparing for annual audits and preparing reports for the Board
• establish and maintain sound and appropriate procedures for all financial transactions
• prepare contracts for artists and performers and ensure that they are paid promptly
• pay creditors, issue invoices, keep clear and accessible records of all financial transactions
• deal with revenue returns
• attend to payroll for all staff and ensure that worksheets are filled out and filed
• take responsibility for organising and maintaining our filing systems and databases
• monitor and ensure we are in compliance with our policies in relation to Garda Vetting, Child Protection, Health and Safety, Charities Regulation etc.
• assist the Director and the Media and Marketing Assistant in keeping our website and social media platforms exciting, up to date, and accurate.
• oversee use of the Ticketsolve system
• organise meetings and assist with organising performances and events as required
• ensure that all office equipment is kept in working order and call in expert assistance when required
• roster staff
• undertake any other duties that may reasonably be assigned by the Artistic Director
• a third level qualification and/or significant work experience in a senior administrative role would be an advantage
• a keen interest in and good awareness of contemporary arts and culture especially in the North West
• excellent communication skills, oral and written
• excellent IT and computer skills. Ability to use Apple Mac and Word Press desirable
• enthusiastic about using social media
• flexibility – the Administrator will normally work in the Glens Centre during normal office hours spread over 3 to 5 days (negotiable). S/he must be willing to work evenings and at weekends on occasion as required
• ability to interact with the public in a friendly and helpful fashion
• willingness to multi-task and step in to help other staff when needed
• own means of transport
This position is supported by the Department of Social Protection under the Community Services Programme. Applications are particularly welcome from people in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection”
Salary: €18,000 pa for a 24 hour week.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a letter of application by email to the Director, Brendan Murray, on
Applications must be received by 5pm on Monday 19 November 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
Interviews will be held the week beginning 26 November 2018.